Miles run – 859 (plus a few without my Garmin)
Longest run – 26.2 miles (London Marathon – April)
Most miles run in a month – 132 in March
Fewest miles run in a month – 37 in January
What do these tell me?
- I doubled my mileage between February and March and more than trebled what I was running in January. That was an injury waiting to happen…
- I seem to churn out about 60 miles a month when fit and uninjured
- Going from a 60 mile a month base up to 100+ when marathon training has got to be better than going from 30+ to 130+ in two months!
- Fully fit I reckon I’d top 1000 miles in a year
- On average I run about 16 miles a week – just goes to show, quality seems to outdo quantity…in my case anyway
- Cross training does help – to make up for my lack of miles I swim and cycle during the summer months
Anyway – that’s all for 2012 from me.