I’m quite new to all this blogging malarkey so was shocked over the weekend when I received notification that I had been nominated for a Kreativ Blogger award – which I am very honoured to accept. So, first of all special thanks go to JogOnJules for the nomination – please do check out her blog and what inspired her journey to complete in her first 5k later this year.
To receive the award you must…
- Thank the person who has given you the award. (tick)
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (tick)
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award. (tick)
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (tick)
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers. (tick)
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. (tick)
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated. (doing it now!)
While pondering about who to nominate and why it got me thinking a bit more about how we find blogs and decide whether they’re something we want to follow – it’s all about the followers in this game you know!
So I went through the list of blogs I follow to see what was it in them that made me go the step beyond just reading them, to clicking that ‘follow’ button. And bar one or two exceptions it was really quite obvious – they all have a link to running in some shape or form which made me think (I did a lot of thinking today!) that running is pretty central to my life and I can’t really remember a time without it. Even in the wilderness years (between Uni and first few years in my job) I was still a ‘resting’ runner. I ran through most of my pregnancy and restarted as soon as I could, even managed a triathlon within 6 months.
Anyway, here’s seven things about me you might find interesting.
- My favourite book is Pride and Prejudice – this stems from school – but I like it – and this was pre-Colin Firth.
- One day I will do an Ironman – I started small after inspiration from my sister who completed the London Triathlon about six years ago and have completed sprint and Olympic triathlons. Depending upon the state of my legs (and mind) after London I might give the Cowman a cheeky go in July and well, there’s only one option after that….
- I can play the clarinet and actually reached Grade 4 level before I decided I’d got better things to do – shame as it would have been a good skill to keep up.
- I actually started my sporting life as a swimmer – 6am starts in the pool before school and then played anything going from netball, to hockey, to tennis, to badminton, to volleyball, to 5-a-side, to – even kabaddi (although a dislocated shoulder ensured I have never returned to that particular sport!)
- I was County 800m champion when I was 13 – it’s been a steady slide to obscurity ever since! These days anything shorter than 5km is a sprint to me so don’t think I’ll be defending that title anytime soon!
- I love House music – spent many an evening in dingy nightclubs dancing the night away, but at the other extreme I’m also a fan of Ludovico Einaudi.
- I love lists! I write lists for everything and love scrubbing out an item when it’s done – the requirements for this award are great – it’s a list!
So who to nominate…so many to choose from but in no particular order
Warriorwoman Running – this was the blog that got me started when I stumbled across it while surfing for plantar fasciitis info.
bearunner – the journey to Ironman – one day this will be me so I’m picking up tips!
jacksmumontherun – witty and real breath of fresh air – busy mum and still manages to fit a run a day in! One day…
Cotton T Runners – a great running blog
Plus my fellow marathon bloggers – we’re all on the same journey and it’s quite comforting to know there’s a few of us out there all working hard!
Reliable Plodder – off to London
RunHelenRun – off to Manchester
Helen runs– off to Brighton
For those who I have nominted, here’s a reminder of the rules:
- Thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
So that’s me done, please do check out the blogs above – I love ’em!
Final word goes to JogOnJules who nominated me – without realising it she’s inspired me to join a running club again – my form’s in the post Jules – see you at a club social soon. 🙂